- In the conduct of the profession, I shall maintain high standards of integrity and respect for evidence, and shall maintain high ethical standards.
- I shall, of my own personal accord, only use the professional title “Ergonomist” “Human Factors Expert”, or similar such variant, if I hold a membership grade of the Society as Graduate member, Registered member, or Fellow. I shall not use these titles if I hold a membership grade as Student, Affiliate or Associate member.
- I shall present myself as having expertise and abilities only in those areas in which I am competent.
- I shall continuously endeavour both to improve my competence in ergonomics and to contribute
to the body of ergonomics knowledge.
- I shall continuously endeavour to safeguard the welfare and interests of all those affected by their work.
- I shall protect the privacy of individuals or organizations about whom information is collected,
and maintain the confidentiality of personal or commercially sensitive information.
- I shall not allow their work to be affected by considerations of religion, sex, ethnic origin, age, nationality, class, politics, or any other factors extraneous to the conduct of the work in which they
and I are engaged.
- I shall not accept any consideration from a client beyond that which was contractually agreed, neither shall I receive benefits from other sources for the same work without the agreement of all parties concerned.
Revision approved by the IHFES Committee on 6th March 2020